Thursday, May 17, 2012

Old Ladies, Mykki Blanco, and exhibitions


 So,  since I've graduated I've been taking a break from oil painting and focusing on just drawing a lot. Especially for a painting I plan on doing for an art trade with my former instructor Lisa Ambrose. That's what I'm planning on using this old lady for. I'm basically re doing my old lady with brain balloons painting because 1. she said she liked that a lot and it didn't creep her husband out as bad and 2. I really needed to recompose it because it was much too stagnant. I have to show her the loose compositions though. Which will be soon :)
I've been dabbling with the idea of doing fan art in order to reach out to more people in my artwork. So I did this graphite portrait of Mykki Blanco with a crown of thorns and vultures flying around her. She's a rad drag spook rapper. Check her out! Gender bending at it's finest. 


 ALSO: Three of my pieces made it into the Grand Rapids Festival of the Arts show!! These are the two of the three pieces. The third is still yet to be documented because it's been in shows since I finished it. Good sign! I seriously can't wait to share it with you. Go to the Grand Rapids Festival of the Arts and you can see it in person! Let alone all three! It's going to be a great show, I saw the list of who got in and I'm very excited to be a part of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment