Thursday, June 14, 2012

Drawing and Digital Painting Practice


Howdy all! Sorry for the small lull in updating this! I've been busy helping my boyfriend move, working, entering/attending art shows I've been in, and drawing! This is Big Booty Wrinkle Cat, I did this in PrismaColor pencil. It scanned funny so I had to play with the colors quiet a bit to get them close to what they actually are. I hope you like it!

I've also been practicing Digital Painting a little. Remember this little lady? Well, I'm working on her so she can become a full blown digital painting! I just have to figure out a background for her and overall work on her a bit more.

This summer has had quite the beginning! Unfortunately/fortunately(for them) most of my friends have been moving away since graduating college. I'll miss them quite a bit--I just don't like saying goodbye. However, that's what the summer is all about. Everyone is working hard to make something of themselves and if that means moving elsewhere--then so be it. I wish everyone the best of luck. I have the utmost faith that they'll succeed. In the meantime, look at some pictures of me and friends at art openings! Photos Courtesy of Jacki Granger and Barbara Counsil (who helped Curate the Creature Feature show!!)


Creature Feature opening! At the Calvin Gallery on Division St!
my bees in their little nook
Miranda Sharp (Glucose Girl) in front of her rad T-Rex poster
The place filled up rather nicely the moment the doors opened!

I just realized I only have the pictures form the Creature Feature show. Pictures pending from the Festival of the Arts downtown Grand Rapids. Thanks to all for attending and thanks for stopping by my blog!

P.S. I have a tumblr that I update fairly frequently http://tommydeyampert.tumblr.com/ lets be friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment