Sunday, January 1, 2012

Digital Practice

Hey there! I know it's been a little while--I've been on vacation from school. I did two paintings for Christmas presents thus far (some more to come for after-Christmas presents). When school ended for the semester I was kind of comatose for a few days... The paintings were rushed so I won't be posting them.

I'm in the south currently and its EXTREMELY different from what I'm used to. It's warm. No snow. At. All. I'm having a bit of trouble deciphering whether or not I'm okay without the frigid North's inconvenient but lovable winter.


My family and I have been taking a lot of car trips to places here and there throughout the Carolinas. So, I've been drawing up a storm and probably will post some of the sketches when i get back. I've got my next painting planned to get started with reference pictures and what not. I've also been trying my hand at digital work. Not a lot, just a little bit. I'm pretty lousy at digital painting, but i'm practicing! Here's a doodle I've been working on tonight.

I know I should be doing still life's and what not, but i figured a made up portrait would help familiarize myself with the pick and choose color business that comes with digital painting.

I hope you all have been having a great time on your holidays! It's now the new year and I wish you all the best of luck with it! I know I'll be working my tooshie off to be the best i can.

See you at the races,
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment